Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week One: Thing #1

The main reason I signed up for this class is to experience some of the new technical features available to us free from the web. I have played around with some of these elements before but sometimes it takes more practice for me to become proficient and comfortable with new things. I also hope to partner with two other librarians in our district so we can make this a group learning experience. And one more reason to stay abreast of new technologies is to be able to relate with what students know about these internet tools. It is interesting to know that not all students know about all these Web 2.0 functions. There are some students, for various reasons, who do not even have an email account. I hope that once I learn about these Web 2.0 'things' from this class, I will be able to share what I know with students who need to know and to learn from those who already know and are willing to share with me.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that this class is able to do all of that for you Barb. I think that it is so hard to keep up on all the new things going on with Web 2.0. They are changing day by day. For a real eye opener try http://www.go2web20.net/. It is plain scary how many new tools are out there.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reasons for taking this class are very similar to yours....trying to keep up with our students and their techno savy. I, too, have explored a little, but I like the idea of taking the class as a chance to learn in a little more structured but still self-paced 'environment.' I hope your partnering with your colleagues has worked out so that you've all learned more as a result.
    I find that group learning often works that way.

    ReplyDelete