Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week One: Thing #2

“My Learning Contract” has been printed out and completed. I am using this self-paced Web 2.0 class as my first attempt to follow this signed contract.

After participating in the tutorial and reflecting on my current style of learning, it seems that I function in “bursts and fits”. Meaning that I tend to spend a lot of time on a project, then leave it for so long that I have to spend quite a bit of time reviewing what I have completed previously to continue. It feels like a waste of time having to review so much and if I could work and learn in a more consistent manner then I might be able to begin from where I left off, using my time more efficiently and making progress in a timely manner. This challenge sounds like a time management issue including taking responsibility for my own learning and making it happen.

Once I have learned something it is very easy for me to teach and share. I have a large, full toolbox that I rely on for my continued life long learning experiences.

Participating in the “7 ½ Habits” tutorial using the audio, text and photos via the internet is in itself an effective tool for learning and it is one of my goals to use this kind of format for several library lessons that I would like available for my high school patrons.

1 comment:

  1. Ah....burst and fits....I like that, sounds like how some of my beading projects have been going. Just finding the beads I as using can be an hour long project.....I need to organize better.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete