Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week Four: Thing #8 and #9

It is good to know more about RSS feeds. Current news is something that I need to read about now, as we disconnected our TV over a year ago. The radio is not always enough news for me so now I will be able to follow current additions with the RSS feeds. Not only news---but reading about the latest in library science and technology is also a must.

It is always interesting and assuring to know that many librarians and teachers are discussing exactly the same issues as we discuss here in Juneau and in Alaska. We are all looking for solutions communicating on the internet using many of the Web 2.0 functions will help us share thoughts and hopefully find soulutions to some of these tough discussions.

And am excited about following blogs, too!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that until I did this class myself, I didn't get why I should be excited about RSS. Now I am a serious convert. There is no way that I could keep up with these class blogs without RSS. I also find, however, that I have to be really choosy about which feeds I do for my personal account. Otherwise, there are so many that I just mark them all read without actually spending the time to read any of them.

    I follow Terri Lesesne, Joyce Valenza, Doug Johnson, and UnShelved regularly.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete