Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week Five: Thing #12

I created a Voice Thread account while in Anchorage last month attending ASTE. At one of the sessions Voice Thread was demonstrated and I am so enthralled with this Web 2.0 function! The tutorials for voice thread are excellent and easy to follow.

My immediate thought was how fun it would be to put together family photos and everyone in the family could make a remark about what their memories which the photo brings back. Just like the family did in the Voice Thread piece that started the whole site. I tried to browse for "Darth Vater" but was unable to locate anything by that search.

The one piece I found I really liked is


This is the story of one man's search for "freedom" in his life. He actually took the theme of "freedom" and posted photos and comments about various parts of his life. One of the response comments is from a high school English teacher hoping to use his work as an example in her class. This I could also share with my high school staff and show anyone interested how to create Voice Thread projects.

I can see using Voice Thread in many educational ways. Mostly where students can collectively add their pieces to a project and then play it for the class. They would not only be sharing their work and knowledge of the subject, but also their technology literacy skills. Furthermore, I think the audience might really be more enticed to listen if the work was online and projected on a big screen.

Using Voice Thread to create book reviews might be an interesting challenge. I am thinking about having students on next year's Battle of the Books team use Voice Thread to create an online book discussion about the books.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great Voicethread example. It displays many ways in which to comment (options of audio, text, even phone now) and even features the doodle too. I think Voicethread is an extremely useful educational tool and I found your example to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lot of fun. I liked your example as well. I hope you share more about how you will use the voice threads with Battle of the Books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love VT...I think it is about the best thing since sliced bread. The one problem I have with it is that the search function is not really very good. If you do a search on Geography you will find some of Darth Tater's voicethreads.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete