Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Week Three: Thing #6


Using "Big Huge labs" I created this library trading card for my library. My phrase "Got Books?" is a little out dated and imagine that students could help me create something more current. It would be great to develop some of these and print them up in bookmark size for a very "local" flavor of bookmark!
I am thinking of inviting students to after school sessions to learn together how to use some of these really cool Web 2.0 features. One of our teachers has offered students "extra credit" if they create a podcast--yet will NOT teach the students how to do this. He seems to think they all know more about technology than he does. This may be true, but not ALL students are in the know.


1 comment:

  1. I really think that it is a critical fallacy that students don't need to be taught anything about technology. They need to be taught how to use technology and information effectively and it drives me NUTS that teachers just throw things out and think they are done.

    Too many times I had students who had been assigned a research project and had not the first clue how to go about it. And those were the kids who actually came to the library and asked for help....you know many of them did not.

    Ok, I'll get off my soap box.

    Sounds like you are all having quite the epidemic there. Hope you are feeling better. We miss you...Ann

    ReplyDelete