Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week Nine: Thing #20

While looking at some of the video clips posted on Teacher Tube I enjoyed the “library dominoes” and some of the related dominoes clips. And just so you know, “Conan the Librarian” has been removed because it violated viewing rights.

The Teacher Tube clip I have chosen to post is about being careful with what you post on line because once it is posted, you will never be able to unpost it. I saw this first on Vacuous Digressions blog. The "Think Before You Post #2" video is a public service announcement being shown on TV stations. I'd like our students to include this video in their project to create an "Online Safety and Security Guide" for our school web site. Or better yet, think about creating their own.




Here is another "online Safety Video" created by a younger student!

1 comment:

  1. I liked both these safety videos. Internet safety hasn't been a focus in our K-5 library, but now I see that it is necessary that we become more intentional about teaching internet safety as soon as students have access to a computer with internet.
    (I found Conan the Librarian on YouTube.)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete