Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Week Nine: Thing #23

It seems to me that Creative Commons sums up the whole Web 2.0 movement with creativity as the main theme. People can show, share, and remix each others creations to reuse, recycle and return them for everyone to view, again. Again, very overwhelming to get the feel of how many creations are out there and available. It amazes me that anyone gets anything else accomplished during the day---like work and life, for example!

I really like the movies that explain what Creative Commons is all about. Watching the “searchcast’ I finally figured out that Creative Commons is a search engine and you can locate it when you are using Firefox/Google. Knocking down the fences so collaboration, sharing and remixing can take place in real time is amazing. This is a worldwide movement! It is not all or none as it is with Copyright “all rights reserved and ask permission”. Creative Commons allows people to decide how much or how little a piece of work a person has created can be used by others. It is a big change. All very exciting!

And in the end-----
Though I have dabbled with Web 2.0 things for a few years, this class helped me take a deeper look at the many features.
* I learned how the internet has become a place where people are now able to post their own creations instead of just consuming information.
* I now have a better understanding of how the young people I work with use the internet and its many sites for social interactions, education and entertainment.
* I have discovered a lot of features that will help students in their learning.
* Now that I have seen some of these great free programs I have a bigger job of sharing them with other teachers and students.
* The hope is that working together we can enhance our student’s learning as we incorporate technological tools into every day teaching.
* One more time I am humbled because the more I know the more I realize how much I do not know!

Thank you, Ann. You are a wonderful facilitator and a great teacher!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great list of the things that you learned through this process. I appreciate your work and thoughtfulness in this process. Best of luck for next year and have a great summer/

    Ann

    ReplyDelete