Welcome to the K2 Library blog!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Week Nine: Thing #21

Podcasts are a great tool to use for creating and posting audio or video onto the internet. “Yahoo: What is a podcast” and “podcast.net” are dead end links. “Podcast alley.com” lists some titles that would hopefully be blocked from our school network.

I am interested in finding free music to be played in the background of student created podcasts and videos. I first explored “Free Music Archives”. This is a site where anyone who wants to can post their musical creations. I was disappointed that I could not search for just “instrumental” songs and it looked like from the titles of some songs that there might be some inappropriate songs to be used by students. So I moved on to (EPN) Educational Podcast Network which I found to be more useful for educational purposes. Some of the random links would not work, but the ones that did were great. I explored the secondary podcasts and found some great ones. I especially liked the link “New Books In History: Discussions with Historians about their Work” category where interviews with authors were cast.

Maybe as I explore podcasts a bit more I will understand why sometimes they open in iTunes and sometimes in QuickTime, or sometimes not at all. I also wonder when the word podcast will no longer be underlined in red by MS Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment